Our IT department here at Retail inMotion are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the Engineering Department. The Engineering Manager is responsible for attracting and retaining talented individuals for the job and challenges at Retail inMotion while supporting product teams in defining the mission, vision and strategy, aligned with the company’s wider mission, vision and strategy including ensuring the Engineering voice is well represented.
How you will make a difference:
- Assisting and developing engineers in their career progression, by setting and supervising expectations & compensation and by providing active coaching to advance individuals
- Evaluating performance in short feedback loops (every quarter at least), including team & stakeholder input
- Keeping track of budgetary controls and feeding into the wider budgetary setup
- Serving as a mentor and advisor to the product teams; taking subtle control in assigning people to teams; addressing issues that teams cannot unblock; making personnel changes where necessary
- Assisting the release approach with planning, execution, delivery and after-care
- Building partnerships with the customer success organisation, customers, suppliers, consultants, partners, and internal and external stakeholders
- Providing extra resources and training as necessary for teams to successfully execute their vision and roadmap
- Promoting high performance and a focus on internal and external demos as the key principle and main outcome
- Supporting infrastructure, culture, organisation, and strategy for implementing DevOps and release on demand
- Evangelising the development of high-quality code, components, systems and solutions
- Fostering communities of practice (chapters/ guilds) & ensure consistency of application both within their teams and through collaboration across the engineering department
- Demonstrating lean leadership skills and adaptability to new way of working
- Valuing effort, productivity, quality, transparency and openness over internal politics
- Acting as an additional hands-on resource for the product team when needed
- Contributing to overall architectural choices and direction
- Demonstrating customer facing skills to support the organisation when required and act as the product team spokesman.
The skills you will bring:
- Demonstrate lean leadership skills and adaptability to new way of working. The adoption of agile gives the manager the time needed to focus on eliminating impediments and relentlessly improve operations and flow for delivery
- Listens to and supports teams for problem identification, root cause analysis and decision-making
- Effective communicator
- Value effort, productivity, quality, transparency, and openness over internal politics
- Ability to build agile milestones and roadmaps, as well as the plans that enable them
- Ability to enable framework and mindset adoption.
Apply for this Role
Our values are at the heart of our workplace.
Retail inMotion has a quirky and friendly culture. We actively encourage our team members to be themselves and to bring their personality into work. We are proud to say we have over 25 different cultures working together at Retail inMotion. We believe that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Our core values drive our approach to working together and with our customers and partners.